Anthony J. DelGiorno joined Rammelkamp Bradney in 2003. His practice concentrates in elder law, litigated probate and guardianship matters; estate and Medicaid planning; and rural water systems.
Tony earned a bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from Illinois College and his law degree from The American University in Washington, D.C.
Tony served as a legal intern with the United States Senate Democratic Leadership where he assisted in elder law social issues. During law school, he practiced as a student attorney in the Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic assisting individuals under audit or collection from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). After graduation, Tony practiced as an attorney for the IRS Office of Chief Counsel in Washington, D.C.
As a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Tony has been appointed to serve on the advisory councils for Elder Law and Local Government. He served as the editor of the Elder Law Council Newsletter from 2007 to 2011.
Tony taught Business Law for several years at Illinois College in Jacksonville. He has lectured on elder law issues, including Medicaid, elder abuse and neglect, and end-of-life advanced directives for various organizations. He contributes regular articles to the Senior News and Times of Central Illinois on various legal issues of concern to the senior population. In 2011, he was appointed to the Illinois Department on Aging’s Long Term Care Council and served for 2 years.
In November 2012, Tony was elected to the Sangamon County Board in a contested election and serves as a member of the Board’s committees for Court Services, Employee Services, Buildings and Grounds, and Emergency Management.
He is admitted to practice in Illinois, the United States Tax Court, and the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois. Tony is a member of the American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Sangamon County Bar Association, and the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA).
- Illinois, 2002
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2008
- U.S. Tax Court, 2003
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia, 2002 J.D.
- Honors: President of the Law and Government Society
- Illinois College, Jacksonville, Illinois, 1999 B.A.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Pre-Law Award
- Honors: History Dept. and Int’l Studies Award
Professional Associations & Membership
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2003 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Elder Law Section Council, 2006 – Present Newsletter Editor (2007 – 2011)
- Illinois State Bar Association, Local Government Section Council, 2005 – 2007 Member
- Sangamon County Bar Assoc., 2007 – Present Member
- Morgan County Bar Assoc., 2003 – 2007 Member
- American Bar Association, 2002 – Present Member
- Lincoln Douglas Inns of Court, 2008 – Present Member
- World Affairs Council of Central IL, 2008 – Present Member